About the Center for Psychosocial Health Disparities Research
The Center for Psychosocial Health Disparities Research (CPHDR) seeks to redress health disparities in Texas and promote psychosocial health. A primary focus is on the link between mental and physical health.
The specific mission of the center is to:
- Produce world-class research on psychosocial factors associated with health disparities
- Coordinate services for the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex community
- Provide a forum for interdisciplinary UNT scholars to collaborate on health disparities related research and intervention/prevention development
- Train undergraduate and graduate students to be rigorous researchers, and
- Attract external financial support for Center activities
The center partners with nonacademic local and state agencies in pursuing its mission. Moreover, it leverages emerging technologies (e.g., telehealth) to find creative ways to address health disparities. Its efforts are transparent and accountable.